26 November 2012

Ancestors instead of sisters

When my friend asked how I get the idea what the stumpwork face will look like I told him "it comes out of the fabric". I started off to create a sister for golden eyes but the result was rather old looking. Here they come:
She says she's a lady

Feeling pretty royal today


This is really a very funny experiment. Maybe when I'll have done more of them they will be united in a quilt with additional crazy blocks?
The weather outside was pretty nasty today - wet dirty dogs after the walk but inside I had a lot of sunshine being first place in Stitchin Fingers, have been chosen for the weekly highlight at  TAST 2012 and getting wonderful comments for my Portuguese border stitch sample. So if you ask me how my day was - just wonderful!!

2 comments:

  1. congrats first on the SF first place, so glad you were chosen by Sharon as it led me to your blog. Love the new faces especially "she says she`s a lady", reminds me of an actress but the name escapes me, that what happens as we get older, she was in the Cliff Richard film Summer holiday oh yes I have it Una Stubbs who is also a very good stitcher, I have an embroidery book she wrote amongst my books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so glad I spotted the ladies on your blog. Wonderful dames! You are so clever at making the costumes and that hair!
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete